Code of Ethics
The academician must follow the professional 'Ethics and honesty' mandatorily. Originality in work or publication is one of the most important aspects. In general, the academicians should practice the values of honesty, responsibility, originality, discipline, adherence to policies, etc. These practices develop a healthy environment and also promote others to come with their own ideas. This may further upgrade the reputation of the institute also. Our institute followstheCode of Ethics and checksplagiarism.
- To create awareness towards the ethical conduct of research, project work, dissertation, etc., and to prevent plagiarism in the academic institute.
- To establish a well-defined mechanism to educate and provide training to adaptresponsible conduct of research,project works,thesis, etc., fromplagiarism.
- To detect and prevent the plagiarism and the misconduct by students, researchers or staff members.
The institute has an Ethical committee. The important functions of the committee are :-
- Create awareness about the values of Ethical conduct and responsibilities for the scientific integrity of the Research activity.
- Check theexperimental procedures, validity and authenticity of the data observed, work duplication, conflicts of interests, etc.
- Advise and check compliance of the Code of Ethics in Research work.
- Observe whetherthe workisoriginalandrelevant to the searchoutcomeoftherespectiveresearchers.
- Confirm that the Researchershavethe permission to use institutional resourcesincludingstaff,equipment,informationorconfidentialinformation, etc.
- Promote publications of Research works in journals notified by UGC or covered in Web-of-Science/Web-of Social-Science/Scopus database.
- Follow the ethical policy as per UGC guidelines, SPPU andregulations laid by Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervise Experiments on Animals(CPCSEA).
Presentation of somebody else'swork or ideas in one's own name and that too without giving any credit or acknowledgement to the original work or source.
Plagiarism means stealing the ideas, work, statements, etc., of a published or unpublished work without taking proper consentor acknowledgement of the original one.
Thecollegestrictlyadherestotheplagiarism policies as decided by the UGC and the Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
Motivation for Research
- The college always supports collaboration and consultancy.
- The college motivates the faculties and students to publish their research articles in UGC Care List journals.
- The college encourages toprovide platform to upgrade the research knowledge of faculties and students by organizing Workshops, Conferences and Seminars etc.
- The college motivates the faculties to participate in 'Avishkar' program and also to take up Research Projects.
- The college has ethical committee which handles the ethical issues.