Welcome to Department of Physics
'Physics Lab. Image 2'
Department of Physics
Department of Physics of Anantrao Pawar College Pirangut, is established in the academic year 2008-2009. The B.Sc. (Physics) special program started in 2008. Since its inception the department has grown in multidimensional modes. It has witnessed a tremendous infrastructural growth over the years. The student strength and performance was always at its best. Almost all the past students have been placed at good positions in the last decade. The department was headed by Dr. Satish Ekar upto 2014. He was succeeded by Dr Vijay Ghadage. Since 2021, Prof. Bharat Kangude is the acting head of the department. It is one of the most vibrant place in the college since its establishment. The faculties of the department stride their best from the beginning for the development of college in the academic and administrative aspects. All the faculties from the department play a vital role in the process of assessment and accreditation of college. Also several important committees in the college are being chaired by the faculties.
- To emphasize the role of Physics in human life.
- To understand how the universe behaves.
- To impart knowledge and motivate students to understand Physics and its applications in day to day life.
- To inculcate research abilities and awareness in Graduate students.
- To raise awareness for higher education among the students.
- To disployed different ICT tools in Physics Education.
Best Practices :
- Periodic organization of health checkup camps for students and staff members of the college.
- Every year the department undertakes the village energy survey under NSS activity.
- Students are encouraged to participate in national and international seminar/ workshops/ conferences.
- Department conducts B. Sc. III year student’s seminar on their projects and also arrange Guest lectures for students
- CBCS pattern for first year and second year B.Sc.
- ICT based teaching and learning practices are being implemented in UG programs.
- WhatsApp group for all classes for sharing of information and effective communication.
- A lot of information exchange has occurred through whatsapp group; it includes notices, instructions, schedules as well as notes, lectures, notes in the PDF formats. Students have been shared links of various study material portals through which they have experienced enriched learning experience
- Organization of guest lectures in the advanced areas of Physics by expert teachers.
- Organization of study tours to the national and international institutions industries and scientific exhibitions for experiential learning.
- Department has recognized the National Graduate Physics Examination centre. In the current academic year 11 students appeared for NGPE 2020.
Departmental Staff Details :
|Sr. No||Name||Designation||Email Address||Contact No.||Area of Specialisation|
|1.||Dr. Sharmila R. Chaudhari||Principal and HOD||Shar_chaudhari@yahoo.co.in||Biophysics , Electronics|
|2||Prof. Bharat U. Kangude||Associate Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org||9890106937||Theorotical Physics|
|3.||Dr. Smita A. Lokare||Assistant Professoremail@example.com||9552504184||Material Science|
|4.||Dr. Mahesh M. Kamble||Assistant Professofirstname.lastname@example.org||9595661945||Energy Studies|