Code of Conduct for Teachers
Code of conduct -Handbook for Teachers
- Prof. Kashid T. M.( IQAC, Coordinator )
- Dr. Chaudhari S. R. ( Principal )
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PRINCIPAL
- The Principal should oversee and monitor the administration of the academic programmes and general administration of the Institute to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the overall administrative tasks and assignments.
- The Principal should plan the budgetary provisions and go through the financial audited statements of the Institute.
- The Principal has authority to take all the necessary actions as and when required to maintain discipline in the Institute. The Principal should form various college level committees which are necessary for the development of the Institute.
- The Principal should encourage Faculty Members to update their knowledge by attending seminars/workshops/conference.
- The Principal should encourage Faculty Members to author text books and publish research papers in reputed International / Indian Journals/Magazines and Periodicals.
- The Principal should provide leadership, direction and co-ordination within the Institute.
- The Principal should convene meetings of any of the authorities, bodies or committees, as and when required. The Principal should ensure that directions issued by the management are strictly complied with or, as the case may be, implemented.
- The Principal should ensure that quality in education and academic services is maintained for continuous improvement and turn the students into better individuals and responsible citizens of the country.
- The Principal should forward confidential report of all staff members of the Institute and submit it to the Management.
- The Principal shall be responsible for submission of an annual report on the progress achieved in different developmental and collaborative programmes to the various committees and Management.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR TEACHERS
Job Responsibilities and Duties of HOD
- Departmental Administration
- Consultancy services.
- Teaching, laboratory development & writing of books.
- Evaluations of tutorials, assignments, journals, answer papers.
- Interaction with industry.
- Student's counseling.
- Interaction with other institutions, Universities at state, National and International levels.
- Organizing seminars, workshops, summer schools and winter schools for teachers and professionals.
- Publishing papers in national and international journals.
- Review of academic activities of the department periodically.
- To maintain dead stock, consumable registers with the help of lab in-charge
- To display notices, mark sheets, attendance sheets etc. pertaining to the students
- Organize parents meet in association with Teacher& Parent.
Job Responsibilities of Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
- Teaching and ensuring attendance of students as per University norms
- Planning and implementation of instructions received from Head/principal.
- Student assessment and evaluation.
- Developing resource material for teaching and learning.
- Extension of services to the industry and community.
- Curricular, Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Publication of research papers, articles & Books.
- Participation in seminars/conferences/workshops.
- Contribute to the activities sustaining accreditation of the institute.
- Examination work pertaining to College / University
- Arrangement of remedial coaching.
- Upgrading of qualifications.
- Teachers should be good counselors and Facilitators. They should help, guide, encourage and assist the students to ensure that the Teaching-Learning Process is effective and successful.
- Any other duties assigned by the Management and Principal from time to time.
Job Responsibilities of Lab Assistant / Attendant
- To ensure safety of the students in the laboratory.
- To prepare the lab schedules for the students and display on the board.
- To record and maintain the attendance of the students.
- To ensure discipline of the students in the laboratory.
- To conduct lab examination as and when required.
- To assist the faculty member in conducting lab sessions of their students.
- To maintain the dead stock /consumable/semi consumable registers of respective laboratories.
- Maintenance of all instruments/equipment s in the respective laboratories.
- To prepare the requirement of consumables for the lab and place indent for the same.
PROFESSIONAL ETHICS FOR THE EMPLOYEES
- Act with the highest standards of honesty and ethical conduct while working on the college premises and at off-site locations such as workshop, seminar and social events, or at any other place where the staff are representing the Institute.
- Avoid any activities that would involve stakeholders in any practice that is not in compliance with the Code of Conduct of the Institute.
- Staff should respect the dignity, rights and opinions of colleagues and students.
- Staff should respect cultural, ethnic and religious differences of colleagues and students.
- Staff must respect the person, privacy of students and other staff members of the Institute.
- Staff should treat students, parents and colleagues with courtesy and sensitivity to their rights, duties and aspirations.